Friday, March 24, 2017

Flowers in her hair

It's springtime. :) That means itchy eyes for me but I still love it. Hazel tree is my nemesis and unfortunately it grows like weed around here. The other day I saw a crow land on it's branch and it let out this yellow cloud of pollen from the male catkins (yes, I had to google that). It was fascinating to see though.

It's also time to harvest dandelions before they start to bloom. It's my favorite kind of salad. Do you eat it?

To update you on my spring cleaning. My winter clothes are almost all gone. I have still to tackle the summer clothes. 

Linking to Paint Party Friday.
Self-study classes: Cotton Candy Girls & Crazy Hair Ladies
email youtube twitter pin fb rss blog

Share/Save/Bookmark

12 comments:

  1. I love the flowers in her yellow hair! Hope your allergies aren't too bad, my mom developed allergies just last year at 74 years old! So weird. I feel so sorry for her, listening to her sneeze. Have a lovely weekend with no hazel trees in view! Happy PPF.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sweet flower girls! Good for you to get so much cleaning out accomplished. Can't say I've ever had dandelion salad but I sure would try it. Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely drawings. I really like their green eyes. I woke up sneezing this morning. Yep, spring is here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable girl, love her! I am suffering pollen of hazel and aldens just now here 😣
    Hope you get better soon.
    Happy PPF ❤

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute sketches, I've tried dandelion but didn't like it, bitter as I remember.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Flowers in Her Hair is wonderful!!! Love those green eyes!!!
    I grew up in an Italian neighborhood. My best friend's mother made all kinds of food and drink from dandelions. I didn't mind the salad and I was to young to taste the wine :)
    Happy PPF!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhh allergies are the worst. Hope it settles down for you. I love the flowers in her hair.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great reminders of Spring...beautiful flower girls. I am so allergic to hazel nuts...and everyone has bought me chocolate at one time or another with them in it!! Never had dandelion salad!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such sweet hair with all those pretty flowers. Sorry to hear about your pollen allergy, it's not fun! I've never tried dandelion salad - must investigate :D)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your flower girls!!! That was a fascinating story about the crow and the pollen! Yes, I do like dandelion salad!! It's too bad so many people call it a weed! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I forgot to say, good for you with the clothes! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dandelion salad? I must try that! I love your big hair girl - so charming! Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

 
Go To Top