Friday, April 21, 2017

Bartender


Round Robin is a set of 3 cards which one artist starts, send to another to add something to the set and then sends to the third artist to finish everything. Each artist keeps a card that's why there are 3 in a set.

LucyMc started with the bottles, I added the table and frame and Linda4atc finished it all with the bartender and background.

This following thing has happened to me numerous times and it's really starting to piss me off. So, I have a little rant and a message to all my relatives and friends and even some strangers.

Please let my kid cry.

If you see my child crying, and I’m right there beside him, please shut up. By telling my child to stop crying, that big boys don’t cry or you’re pointing out a butterfly, a cat, a truck or Bob the Builder to distract him from crying, you’re doing more harm than good. So, please, stay out of it.

I know your intentions are good. I know it hurts YOU to hear a child cry. And maybe you even think you’re helping me out because you think I’m not capable of stopping my child’s crying. But …

My kid is crying for a reason and I’m right there beside him to comfort him and to talk to him so he can process his hurt. Be it a physical or emotional pain. I’m letting him cry on purpose, so he doesn’t bottle his feelings and ends up an emotionally messed up adult. I’m talking to him, so he can understand his emotions and name them correctly. I’m listening to him so he can process and understand what happened to him.

The whole time I’m doing that, you’re next to me babbling and confusing the heck out of my kid. Please, just shut up and let me handle my own child. If all fails, trust me, I’ll be the first one reaching for a toy to distract him. It’s not that I’m not aware of these tricks, I choose not to use them and rather take another path.

P.S. If you see any child alone, distressed, crying, bleeding, and/or being abused, by all means, please, intervene.

Linking to Paint Party Friday.
Self-study classes: Cotton Candy Girls & Crazy Hair Ladies
 
email youtube twitter pin fb rss blog

Share/Save/Bookmark

5 comments:

  1. Lovely cards and pretty crazy ladies. Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your art. Hope you have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your cards! You are a great mom my friend! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

 
Go To Top